• sooo to me.. I'm still in grade ten and I'm gonna be in England for the better part of the next 12 months. After that I'll go back to Germany (or perhaps I might be able to convince my mom that it's sooooo much better for school if I stayed there.... but I don't think so). Back here I'll finish school with the main subjects English and German. And after school I'm planning to hike through France and earn my own money with jobs at a petrol station or at a restaurant.. anything, really. back in Germany I'd like to study what I need to become either a tester for tea or waterbeds, or, what's more present, a foreign correspondent.

I was raised trilingual in Singapore, all though I completely sucked at chinese and haven't had the oppertunity to continually, properly speak english for about nine years T_T
    I lost contact to my dad, who still lives there, about a year ago and we moved to Germany in July 1998.

Tear down those walls!

hm. und falls irgendjemand meinen Gastfamilienbrief findet. unter dem Namen 'Tuna'. Er besteht aus Luegen. aber nicht nur. aber ich kann ihn grad nciht finden.

und allgemein. wusste ich die meiste Zeit nicht wovon ich ueberhaupt redete. ich wollte bloss alles besser wissen. aber ich glaube das schien sowieso durch. und ich hatte keine eigene Meinung. klug. 'angeblich'. aber jetzt aendert sich alles. endlich. und es hat sich schon vieles geaendert. zum Glueck.

• to continue the about us part:
    I finished high school about 2 years ago (actually, today in 2 weeks it's been 2 years since I left Canada ), and since then I live in the Area 010 (Rotterdam). I study Interntional Business Administration, and if everything goes alright, I'll finish my bachelor obligations around this time next year. I'll definitly start my bachelor thesis in September, probably in the area of organisation management/managment of change or human resource management or business society management.
    Next to my studies I'm doing random stuff at my study association STAR. Last year I organized the Introduction Weekend for the new freshmen, then I was part of the International Week committee, responsible for sending out student. The international week is a network that organizes International Weeks around Europe, Israel, Turkey and Japan, and each member-university (mostly business schools like ESADE, RSM, ST Gallen) orgenizes one week, where 1 or 2 people from each other member come and explore the country. so i was responsible for selecting the students that were going from the RSM to those other IWs. and i also helped out at our IW, that we organized together with the RU Groningen.
    Anyway, now I'm helping out with the marketing team. next year STAR is turining 30 years, so it's the 6th Lustrum year. This means that everything is bigger, nicer, better. on monday we started shooting the commercial parts.. we had 6 series of the HB-commercial, 50 peopel for a 'join the family-benetton'-commercial and tonight we're starting with the Love-story 'nice guy finishes last'. It's reeeeally cool,as we got a professional HD-video-camera, proper lights (3 of those big ones that they have in studios), chromakey etc.. in November I'll hopefully join the IBS committee, to do research in a developing country (probably Chile or Turkey), and to get some credits for my elective. aaaand I hope that I can convince my parents to allow me to take a year of and to work fulltime in the board of STAR..
    other then that I also work at an electronic retailer in the CD/DVD department, which is reeeeeally boring since I do all the shitty jobs like replacing CD-cases, sealing CDs/DVDS... and 2 weeks ago I started working as a research assistant in the department of Management organisation. I'm translating interviews from german to english, and if the project gets enough money in, I can work on it next year as well and maybe even use it for my thesis..
    uhm i think that's it.. now I have to continue with my BSM paper.. the topic is cool (we're researching the impact of climate change on the lifes of the inuit..), but it takes sooo long to find information, that come from 'reliable sources'

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

• Haha, even though I´ve started this thread, I´m probably the one with the least entries in here
    Oh yes, let´s talk about unis! Or lets just tell each other something about ourselves, eh?
    So, I´ll go first then ;-)
    Well, university... I´m gonna be done with high school (finally) on June 22nd and a while ago I decided to take a year off from learning and work. I got a job at a gas station and it´s ok work but pretty boring. So after grad I´ll also go to Spain for 2 or three months to improve my Spanish. I´m very excited for that! What else I´ll be doing I don´t know. I already know though, that I cannot work at the gas station for the rest of the year, I´d become insane! I´ve got this idea of going to Canada and driving through the country from oast to west but since I haven´t got anyone to come with me, I don´t know...
    Oh yeah, university. So after my year off I´m gonna go to Basel (hopefully) and study ethnology and Gender Studies. I´m extremely looking forward to that because since I live about 2 hours away from Basel I´ll have to move out I´ve wanted to do that for ever! I´ve already looked for rooms in flat-sharing communities and it lookes like so much fun to live with other students.
    So yeah, that´s what I´m gonna do, What about you guys?

Canada is the second largest land mass, the first nation of hockey and the best part of North America.

• oh god....uni sounds bloody stressful maybe i wont be so soon on uni catalogues soon anymore eh

"Don't you hear? Don't you hear the dreadful voice that screams from the whole horizon, and that man usually calls silence?" (Lenz, Georg Büchner)

• no and I also failed a few of the exams because i was sick before christmas.. and i had to re-do a few courses from last year so i didn't focus on thsi year's courses so i'm gonna try to pass them this summer so i don't have to re-do the course-work.. the courses with only exams i can do next year, but with cases/research things it's gonna be tight cos I also have to start writing my thesis (eeek, that's sooooo weired) in september..

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

• omg.....and i thought i was bad off! good luck lol why r u doing resits? didnt u get good grades last year?

"Don't you hear? Don't you hear the dreadful voice that screams from the whole horizon, and that man usually calls silence?" (Lenz, Georg Büchner)

• we can talk about universities as well, doesnt matter 2 me..

I have exams next week as well.. monday finance&accounting, fridaz macro&institutional context, monday marketing mngt, Wednesday Behavorial Science, Friday marketing research, thursday financial management and friday business society management and then I have a 1 week break before the re-sits start *ga*

btw, you guys have to sign this: http://www.avaaz.org/en/climate_g8/

• lets talk about UNIVERSITIES! hahahha +KIDDING+ lol
    shit, ive got an istory exam tomorrow and RE on thursday and i avent even started revising yet! shit! i was literally revising my head off for english and now i just cant be bothered anymore! durr

• it seems like the english-topic is not very popular.. i think we should change that.. but i guess we need a topic.. soooo let's talk abouttttttt... hmmmmmm..... the weather? lol

• No, not yet. But it's gonna be proclaimed (is that correct?) within the next few weeks cuz they're only waiting for the schools to agree. And of course I'm excited! I'm reading a book about English ppl atm.. and they're really racist. Aainst France I mean lmao

Yeah.. I can understand that (a bit) My family used to live in Singapore and when I was six we left.. the other day my mom suddenly told me she'd still have the address of my best friend back then.. and I haven't ever seen any of those ppl again.. and the qorst is that I know their names.. Christopher.. brian.. and dunno.. guess I'll write a letter to Yong soon see if she still li ves there.. oo I'm excited

Tear down those walls!

hm. und falls irgendjemand meinen Gastfamilienbrief findet. unter dem Namen 'Tuna'. Er besteht aus Luegen. aber nicht nur. aber ich kann ihn grad nciht finden.

und allgemein. wusste ich die meiste Zeit nicht wovon ich ueberhaupt redete. ich wollte bloss alles besser wissen. aber ich glaube das schien sowieso durch. und ich hatte keine eigene Meinung. klug. 'angeblich'. aber jetzt aendert sich alles. endlich. und es hat sich schon vieles geaendert. zum Glueck.

• i'm in leavenworth/kansas and had the best year ever.
    ya i guess there are lots of people w/ german heritage in pennsylvania. a friend of mine is spending her exchange year in scranton atm.
    you'll get over it. i am almost positive that it'll be a lot more difficult to leave your hostfamily and friends after your exchange year - you won't know if you will ever see all those people again. gosh...
    do you have a hostfamily yet? are you excited?

• c'mon.. I guess you'll live..
    Where are you? a guy in class is gonnma go to Pennsylvania and I've heard that it's a lot like Thuringen

I love England too and I guess it'll be difficult for me as well.. to leave I mean.. woooooooo! Don't wanna think of it.. not yet, anyway.

Tear down those walls!

• Pinkpop? kk.. I'll remember that one.. after my year in England, you know.... and perhaps I might go to the T in the Park or some other English festival hope to.... How much did you get to eat?! I bet I can help you there....

Tear down those walls!

• ah forget rock am ring,, next year I'm gonna go to 'Pinkpop'.. same thing, but a lot closer (it's a few minutes away from Amsterdam, close by Aachen).. this year they had the Scissor Sister, Wir sind Helden, Paolo Nuttini (and Marilyn Manson as well).. so next year that's a MUST.