Noch so ein "HOST FAMILY LETTER"...sorry!

• Hey, danke für deine Hilfe! :)
    Ich hab den Brief allerdings noch etwas geändert bzw. eher verlängert weil die Organisation mir vorschreibt, dass ich mind. 2 Seiten schreiben muss und zwar nicht größer als Schriftgröße 14 und Zeilenabstand 1,5...
    Hab ihn im Forum "Bewerbung etc" gepostet, weil es dort schon einen Thread zu Host family letters gab..
    :) LG Julia

• Hallo Ju.lia!
    Ich finde deinen Brief echt gut. Besonders die letzten beiden Abschnitte und
    "Through your decision to let me be part of your family for 10 month you would give me
    the chance to live my biggest dream" ist sehr überzeugend und der Brief ist sehr persöhnlich geschrieben ( so dass man dich sehr gut verstehen kann) !!! ;-)

Ich bin mir jedoch nicht sicher, ob dieser Satz richtig ist: "So I hope this won’t be a reason for you not to choose me".
    Ich würde ihn so schreiben: So I hope this (---) to choose me not.

Und einen anderen Satz würde ich so umschreiben: I play tennis in a club, read books or meet my friends to do something
    together (cinema, shopping, sports, etc) in my spare time.
    Das ist aber nur eine kleinigkeit.

Viele Grüße und viel Glück bei deiner Gastfamilie
    Smart ;-)

• Hallooo... :D
    ich weiß, es gibt bereits gaaaanz gaaaanz viele Themen für Host family letters, :rolleyes: aber vllt. könntet ihr ja trotzdem auch mal über meinen drüber lesen und mir sagen, was ihr verbessern würdet (sowohl inhaltlich als vor allem auch sprachlich)
    Bitte bitte bitte! Ihr wärt mir wirklich eine riesige Hilfe! :love:

Also hier ist er:

Dear host family!

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my letter.
    My name is Julia ******* and I was born on the 20th August 1996. This means
    that I will be 16 years old when we meet in summer.
    I live with my parents ******* and *******, my brother ******* and my sister *******
    in *******, a small village in the west of Germany. There are only about 400 inhabitants
    in ******* and the nearest big town is Frankfurt am Main.

In my spare time I play tennis in a club, read books or meet my friends to do something
    together (cinema, shopping, sports, etc). I like listening to music, but I personally
    am not very musical and I do not play any instrument. I also enjoy writing, bike riding
    or playing badminton with my brother and sister in the garden in front of our house.

They are twins and both ***** years old. I get along with them well and we often do things
    together. The relationship to my parents is also very good. I love and trust them and I
    can talk to them whenever I have a problem.

I attend grade 10 in school and my favourite subjects are German and Englisch. The only
    subjects I do not like are Natural Sciences.

I do not smoke and I do not have any allergies but I need to mention that I am
    a vegetarian.That does not mean that you have to cook special meals for me because
    I just eat what is there and leave out the meat. I am used to this because apart
    from me no one of my family is a vegetarian and so my mum also does not cook any
    special things for me. So I hope this won’t be a reason for you not to choose me.

Through your decision to let me be part of your family for 10 month you would give me
    the chance to live my biggest dream.
    I hope you could gain a little insight into my life and I would be really glad to meet you soon!

With best wishes,

Julia ********

LG Julia und danke schon mal im voraus!! ^^

PS: Denkt ihr, der ist zu kurz??