• i just wanted to say that i dont think it matters in which country u r going. i wanted to go to autralia so badly but than i decided to go the u s. i really wanna experience a country like india , but for me it was a good idea to go to the us first because it shows me if i can find my way around in a foreign country. i did and now i cant await to see more of this beautiful world!!!
    i have never heard of an organization that is doing an exchange in two countries. i ve heard of rotary, but there you r changing families lkike three times but in the same county, arn't u?
    this threat was an amzing idea! and yeah, there is an english forum exaclty like this and i wrote in it as well as my hostmom did, but not a lot of people do i think, probably because it s just easier to write ur own language. see u gys!

• Yes, I can understand this and I agree with you. Maybe it really will be better to stay in one country for a whole year.
    But after your graduation you also has the posibility to go abraod again, maybe as a au-pair. So you has still many chances to visit all the countries you would like to see.

• yes, but i organize my exchange privat. (can you say that in english??)
    and then, its much more money, if i go a half year in this country and a half year in that. and also i would like to go to only one country and have an whole year...
    if i have to change after an half year, i would be afraid, that the second one is not so great like the first... can you understand this?

Bussis an meine Süßen von der roten Couch! Ihr seid die besten!!
    Mitglied im UVKG 07/08er Club
    Glück gibt es überall, bestimmt auch hier....

• yes, i had also thought about this, but i can't pay that, because of the flights, they are so expensive!!

• Yes, I also think so. There are so many countries I would like to visit. But actually you has the oppertunitiy to make just a half exchange year in one country and afterwards for the other half year you go into an other country.

• my dream is to go to iran or yemen, but for an exchange year its too dangerous. so i will do this after my graduation. its sad that you can only go in one coutry for an exchange year.... theres so much intressting wonderful countrys on the earth.....
    uuh my english is soo bad!

• Russia and Pole? Oh, that sounds interesting. Because there aren´t so many students who want to go to one of this countrys. But I´m sure that will be a great experience for you.
    My favorite country is Australia. I don´t know how long it is already my big dream to go there once in my life. I´m absolutly fascinated from this country. I think it must be so great. So I hope I can realice my dream after my graduation.

• Same with me...
    As I am going to South Africa for a highschool year, I don't have the chance to spend the highschool year in Russia or Poland, which I would have loved!!
    So, I plan to go there after my graduation.

• @Anonymer User:
    I don´t gonna do an exchange year, because I missed it. I should have done one after the 10th class, but I wasn´t ready fot it. Now I was thinking about going abroad after the 11th class, but in this year there will be my 18th birthday and the 18th birthdays of all of my friends and classmates and I don´t want to miss this. I´m affraid, that I will regret that I go away. Also because I have to do the 12th class again and all my friends will already be in the 13th class.
    But I also know that I will regret that I didn´t do an exchange year. So it´s a little bit diffucult .
    But I want to go abroad for a year after my abi. I just have to do this. And if I can´t do a highschool year any more I will do a social year or au-pair. Mainly I go abroad!

• oh, this is a good thread to advertise the english forum. the 3. button on the top is an english forum, where wome of our members like eg. ked, canfreak, geli, mali, yun... and me are posting and it would be great if others would like to come, too!!!!!!!

• I also think that it is harder to find friends when you don't go to school.. because how get to know people in the same age?! A cousin of a friend of mine did an aupairyear and she said that it was very difficult because if you are younger than 21 you can't go to a disco or something like that, so where can you find friends then? she said that it was very boring, because the whole morning she had nothing to do (-the kids of the family were in school and the guys in her age were at work..) then in the evening she had to babysit often... but that was a negative example.. -> it is not said that it is always like this in an au pair year...
    I would like to do an au pair year also after I finished school, to spain!!!
    why aren't you gonna do an exchange year?!

• I´m thinking of going abroad for one year after I finished my school education. And then make a year as an au-pair or a social year. I´m affraid that then it is even harder to find friends than at a high school year. Because there you´re in contakt with other students in your age all the time. But on the other hand it could be that when i find friends they are real friends, because they just want to get to know me because I´m so interesting because I come from Germany, they want to get to know me because of my personality.

• theres like a whole bloody board completely in english and you guys want to talk about your problems in english on a german board?! ridiculous!! join the international board!

"Don't you hear? Don't you hear the dreadful voice that screams from the whole horizon, and that man usually calls silence?" (Lenz, Georg Büchner)

• yes, i think so, too.
    but i hope i will have nice host sisters and brothers and can do things with them on the weekend. and if we live not near a city, and i'm not mobil (?) its not boring also.

• This would be horrible for me. Here in Germany I do something with my friends every weekend and we also often go dancing. And when I have to stay at home all the time it will be very boring. Of course you have you´re hoste family and you can do something with them, but I think it´s not the same like when you go out with friends.