what the frank is wrong w/ those amis!?

• I didn't even know it was his bday... omg... but nobody said anything... lots of people here know quite a bit about what happened and I didn't have one bad experience... everyone likes Germany and even this one jewish guy in my class, loves German beer, drives a mercedes and his Nanny was from Germany... so much to that Oh, well... and ofc it was pot day.... the Amis think that's funny... mmh... hahahaha wtf

• some knew and oh well... ppl are joking around and i know they aren't serious bout it.. but if they were id probably beat the crap outa them... and yeah... it was pot day... fun thing

• In that case just tell them happy anniversary Columbine which falls on the same date. That should shut everybody up. Ok you will loose a lot of sympathy but hey they wont ever tell you happy fuehrer's day ever again.

In my case it helped that I was friends with the football team and after they corrected one of the kids rather forcefully nobody greeted me with "Heil Hitler" again.

Please refrain from jokes like "Have mercy on me, my grandfather died in the concentration camps. He fell off the watch tower" That does not make it better.

Otherwise just kindly tell them that Hitler was not a great statesman, that his ideas were totally wrong etc. That might generate some confused looks but in most cases they will respect your wishes and leave you alone with everything concerning Nazi Germany.

Once we were sitting in school during an army recruitment movie. it showed the Nazis being crushed. Afterwards the recruiter found out I was a German and he said: "I am sorry man. If I would have known that you were German we would have shown a different movie. Maybe one from Nam or Korea" As if that would have mattered.

• Zitat

It probably doesn´t belong in here...but i don´t know where it would fit...so yesterday was hitlers bday and a lot of kids came up to me at school and said things like " happy 4/20" ...ok there was also the national high day but still some were singing happy bday and stuff...it makes me so mad !

same here everybody knew and i didnt even know....kinda weird lol

• Zitat

It probably doesn´t belong in here...but i don´t know where it would fit...so yesterday was hitlers bday and a lot of kids came up to me at school and said things like " happy 4/20" ...ok there was also the national high day but still some were singing happy bday and stuff...it makes me so mad !

same here everybody knew and i didnt even know....kinda weird lol

• It probably doesn´t belong in here...but i don´t know where it would fit...so yesterday was hitlers bday and a lot of kids came up to me at school and said things like " happy 4/20" ...ok there was also the national high day but still some were singing happy bday and stuff...it makes me so mad !