In a month...

• argh... it's gettin so close and i'm totally confused...

i miss my family and friends and germany and i'm so excited about everything... but i don't wanna leave my host sis, the rest of the family, my friends, my school, texas...

why can i not combine those 2 worlds??

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure.
    There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open (:

• Arrrgh. Its amazing. Everbody is saying "its true" wateva one sampled.
    Ich hatte auch total die gaensehaut bei dem text. heulen musste ich jetzt nicht, aber ich bin auch zu abgelenkt um das alles so gleichzeitig zu lesen. musste immer pausen machen wegen homework...

2006/2007 ~ Mein Wohnort : High Shincliffe | Durham | England
    2007-2009 ~ Mein Wohnort: Berlin | Deutschland
    2009/2010 ~ Mein Wohnort: Madrid | Spanien
    Ehrenmitlied im UVKG 07/08er Club! Die Mama der Kleenen!
    Gruss an die rote Couch

Die Liste 2006/07

• hilfe ich habe angefangen zu heulen als ich das alles gelesen habe... ich bin innerlich zerissen. ich weiss auch nicht mehr wo ich hingehoere. ich lebe in zwei welten die so unterschiedlich sind und doch so gleich.... ich war noch nie so emotional wie in der letzten zeit
    jedesmal wenn einer sagt: oh das muessen wir noch unbedingt machen bevor du gehst oder ich werde dich einfach kidnappen dann kannst du nicht nach hause, kommen mir immer fast die traenen und ich muss mich so zusammen reissen. man ich hasse abschiede in letzter zeit.
    ich war doch so gut vorbereitet aber ich war nie vorbereitet dass es ein so hammer geiles jahr wird und der abschied. ich hab echt nicht mit so viel gerechnet... es ist die schwerste zeit die ich hier habe.....

• Oh my gosh Leute! Das beschreibt echt genau meine Gefuehle, die ich im Moment habe. Die Zeit geht so schnell um, und doch kann es mir nicht schnell genug gehen wieder nach Hause zu kommen. Ich haette vorher nie gedacht was fuer eine riesige Auswirkung ein ATJ auf einen hat, wie sehr man sich veraebdert und wie viel man lernt. Es ist einfach unbeschreiblich...

• Went back home again
    This sucks, gotta pack up and leave again
    Say goodbye to all my friends
    Can't say when I'll be there again
    Its time now, I turn around
    Turn my back on everything
    Turn my back on everything

[chorus]
    Everything's changing when I turn around
    I'm out of my control
    I'm a mobile
    I'm out of my control
    I'm a mobile

Start back at this life
    Stretch myself back into the light
    I'm waking up to say I've tried
    Instead of waking up to another TV Guide
    Its time now, I turn around
    Turn and walk on this crazy ground

[chorus]
    I'm out of my control
    I'm a mobile
    Everything's changing out of what I know
    Everywhere I go
    I'm a mobile

I'm a mobile
    Hanging from the ceiling
    Life's a mobile
    Spinning 'round with mixed feelings
    Crazy and wild
    Sometimes I wanna scream out loud

Everything's changing everywhere I go
    I'm out of my control
    Everything's changing everywhere I go
    Out of what I know
    La la la la la la la la la

[chorus]
    I'm out of my control
    I'm a mobile
    Everything's changing out of what I know
    Everywhere I go
    I'm a mobile

Everywhere I go
    I'm a mobile

• omg! da kommen mir aber auch die tränen! das ist so true beschreibt genau die gefühle und die gedanken kurz bevor man nach hause geht... für mich sinds nicht mal mehr 2 wochen bis ich wieder zuhause bin...

• Das ist so was ich fuehle! Ich glaube besser haette man es nciht schreiben koennen.

Es sind ZUM GLUECK noch mehr als 1 Monat uebrig, aber ich will hier nicht weg!!!! Ich liebe meine Familie und meine Freunde und das ganze Land und meine Familie moechte mich auch gar nciht gehen lassen. Ich freu mich naturlich auch, Deutschland, meine Familie und alles wieder zutreffen und zusehen, was sich alles veraendert hat, aber ich habe Angst enttaeuscht zu werden. Und ich habe Angst alles zu verlassen, denn auch wenn ich eines Tages wiederkommen werde, wird sich alles veraendert haben und nichts mehr so sein wie jetzt! Genau wie in Deutschland.

Ich hatte keine Angst als ich her kam, denn ich hatte nichts zu verlieren. Jetzt hab ich das Gefuehl, das nichts mehr uebrig bleibt, wenn ich hier weggeh! Ich habe mein Leben in Deutschland vor fast einem Jahr verlassen, und es ist nicht mehr mein Leben und es wird nie mehr so sein wie zuvor oder zumindest kann ich es nicht mehr so schaetzen wie zu vor, nach dem ich hier war. Das beste Jahr meines Lebens ist zuende und mir bleibt nichts, als Erinnerungen, von denen man nicht leben kann. Ich versuche so wenig wie moeglich an den Sommer zu denken, aber ich fuehle mich hilflos.

Ich weiss nicht, wie es nach meiner Abreise hier weitergehen soll und das macht mir Angst.

• omg... mir kommen ein bisschen die traenen... und ich weine NIE. ich meine niemals nie. ich hab nichtmal am flughafen als ich hergekommen bin geheult...duh!

• Oh my gosh. Seriously, I was about to cry although I'm already back now for more than 2 months.

Kann mich so gut in eure Situation versetzen. Dieser Text beschreibt so sehr meine Gedanken und Gefühle kurz vor meiner Rückkehr nach Deutschland. Genießt eure letzten Monate! Diese Zeit wird euch ewig in Erinnerung bleiben!!!

• that makes me cry... and its so true...
    ich freu mich so auf zu hause und obwohl ich meine Gastfamilie immernoch nicht leiden kann und es mir in letzter zeit nicht wirklich gut ging, will ich nicht hier weg, einfach weil ich es geschafft hab und nicht abgerbochen habe und weil ich einfach klasse freunde gefunden habe, die mir so viel wert sind und wer weiss, ob ich die anderen ats jemals wiedersehe? ich wuerd am liebsten ein paar von hier in meinen koffer packen...

• naja okay es sind noch 2 monate bei mir aber mir hat dieser text gefallen
    deswegen kopier ich ihn mal hier rein

A year has past and we now stand on the brink of returning to a world where we are surrounded by the paradox of everything and yet, nothing being the same.

In a month we will reluctantly give our hugs, fight the tears and say goodbye to the people who were once just names on a sheet of paper, to return to the people that we hugged and fought tears to say goodbye to before we ever left.

We will leave our best friends to return to our best friends. We will go back to the same places we came from and go back to the same things we did last summer and every summer before. We will come into town on that same familiar road, and even though it has been months, it will only seem like yesterday.

As you walk into your old bedroom, every emotion will pass through you as you reflect on the way your life has changed and the person you have become.

You suddenly realize that the things that were most important to you a year ago, dont seem to matter so much anymore, and the things you hold highest now, no one at home will completely understand.

Who will you call first? What will you do on your first weekend home with your friends? Where are you going to work or what university will you attend? Who will be at the party Saturday night? What has everyone been up to in the past few months? Who from school will you keep in touch with? How long before you actually start missing people barging in without calling or knocking?

Then you start to realize how much things have changed, and you realize the hardest part of being an exchange student is balancing the two completely different worlds you now live in, trying desperately to hold on to everything, all the while trying to figure out what you have to leave behind.

We now know the true meaning of friendship. We know who we have kept in touch with over the past year and who we hold dearest to our hearts. We have had our hearts broken, we have fallen in love, we have helped our best friends overcome problems, depression, stress and pain. We have given hugs and support.

We have stayed up all night on the phone just to talk to a friend in need. There have been times when we have felt so helpless being hours away from home, when we know our families and friends needed us the most and there are times when we know we made a difference.

A month from now we will leave, a month from now we will take down our pictures and pack our clothes. No more going next door to do nothing for hours on end.

A month from now, we will leave our best friends whose random e-mails and phone calls will bring us to laughter and tears this summer, and hopefully years to come.

A month from now, we will take down our memories and dreams and put them away, saving them for our return to this world.

A month from now we will arrive. A month from now we will unpack our bags and have dinner with our families. We will go to our best friends house and do nothing for hours on end.

A month from now, we will return to the same friends whose random e-mails and phone calls brought us to laughter and tears over the past year.

A month from now, we will unpack our old dreams and memories that have been put away for the past year.

A month from now, we will dig deep inside ourselves to find the strength and conviction to adjust to change and still keep each other close.

And somehow, in someway, we will find our place between these two worlds.

In a month...

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure.
    There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open (: